Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Art of an Onion


photo label

Form definitely followed function here! I just wanted to get the whole onion on one rack of the dehydrator and the only way I could do that was to put smaller rings inside the larger ones. But I sure like how it turned out. Of course, tomorrow they go right in the salad package. So much for art!

Hike Planning Report
Made a shopping list and bought the first round of groceries.

Filled the dehydrator with hamburger, sausage, salami, green onions, and the regular onion rings.

Packaged a bunch of other food. I've decided that I'll list the meals as they are finished. So far no meal is 100% completely assembled.

Walked 1.5 miles with a 33 pound pack.


For More Food as Art
See Grilled Cheese on Snow
See Veggie Fun
See More Veggie Fun- Meet Herbert & Mimi

3 comments:

rainfield61 said...

You are having 2 extra pounds today. Cheers.

Ratty said...

I never thought of onions in the food dehydrator. I'm a complete amateur with it. I usually only do a few types of fruit and dried turkey lunch meat, which tastes great. Reading about all of you dried food is giving me so many good thoughts.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi rainfield- Yes, I need to add a couple of pounds every few days till I am up to 50 pounds. I don't carry that much on a hike, but if I can get up to that weight at home then the hike pack weight doesn't feel bad at all.

Ratty- I dehydrate things people never thought of at all! I'll show more when I really get seriously into the food prep.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin