Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Hymn Sing and Concert

 
Maybe you remember that I went to a Don Wyrtzen concert last year on Labor Day weekend. Well, it happened again this year in a slightly different format. This year was a combination concert and hymn sing, which I liked even better!

Don Wyrtzen

I don't understand why the church these are held in isn't packed out. Wyrtzen is quite well known. But I'm not going to complain- it really makes the evenings more intimate. He comes to this small church because he's friends with the pastor's family.

Don Wyrtzen

The pastor's father led the congregational singing. Although I have to say, not much leadership was required. These people really sing! Wonderful! I'm a much better participant than I am a spectator.

hymn leader

The pastor's sister is an opera singer, and she did a couple of songs.

Don Wyrtzen

It was a wonderful, worshipful evening. It has personal meaning to me as well. I told that story last year, and if you want to read about it, see the link below.

In other news: I had a real hard time getting moving this morning. Finally did so, and fooled around with a bunch of stuff. Need to get ready to leave on Friday.

See Don Wyrtzen Concert
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the evening.