Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Leaf Peeping 2024- Part 2

  Today was a good day to hunker down inside, and I mostly did. Bell choir practice in the afternoon, but I worked on projects a lot. No worries. I have more nice pictures from yesterday.

Love a good dirt road in any season, but this is spectacular. Six-Mile Bridge Road.
autumn leaves


There is only one bridge across the Little Manistee River between Stronach and Nine-Mile Bridge where the North Country Trail crosses the river. And it's on a seasonal road. This is a nice picturesque crossing of the Little Manistee at 6-Mile Bridge.
little manistee river at 6-mile bridge


I actually wasn't aware that portions of the Little Manistee are in a fairly deep valley. Here's one such place.
little manistee river


Bright spots of color against a green background are always fun. Maple leaves are pretty good at that.
orange maple leaves


We made a point to drive through the tunnel of black willows at Eastlake. But they were not showing off nicely at all. I expected the leaves to be yellow. Maybe it was too dry earlier this year. These trees are getting very old. I'm not sure how much longer this view will be available. See other seasons in a link below.
Eastlake tunnel of trees


Tomorrow I think there will be an event to share, but I do still have some more worthy autumn leaf pictures.

See Leaf Peeping 2024- Part 1
See Entering the Tunnel

1 comment:

Ann Thompson said...

Those first 3 pictures are beautiful. They would look good framed.