Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Table Fix

 This "rustic" drop-leaf work table broke a while back and dumped a load of stuff. What broke was one of the braces that swing out to hold up a leaf.

I managed to ignore the whole mess until last week when I needed to get something out that was stored under the table. Big mess.

This is not a valuable table at all. I don't know how old it is, or where he got it, but it was my Dad's "garden table." He did sll kinds of sorting and potting and whatever on it. It spent a lot of summers outside on the kitchen porch. That brace probably had some dry rot going on. The leaves are warped, and it has been fixed multiple times in very ugly ways that made it functional. I continued the tradition!

It did take me a couple of days to get something to replace the pin that held the bracket. But once I got myself in gear, it was an easy fix.
table bracket


As an example of how it had been previously fixed, the hinges must have pulled off at some point, and they have been inset and bolted right through the top. I suspect Dad did that.
hinge on a table leaf


Still, it's very functional. It's a good size, and it was Dad's. So hey.

Well, you know what a table that is clear is good for, right? Yup, I had a puzzle I'd never yet done. Actually, I have a couple of them, but this seemed a reasonable number of pieces and it would fit on the center part of the table.
Hersey jigsaw puzzle


I did do a reasonable amount of work before starting this, so I'm not going to apologize for the goofing off!


Chocolate is good for the soul... to eat or to puzzle with.

Tomorrow, I am giving my trail program for the Garden Club.

See Changing the Season

No comments: