Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Caterpillar Surprise

 
After a night of being still, the milkweed tussock moth caterpillars crawled back to the top of the stalk and were moving around like crazy this morning. I assume they were starving and looking for more edible leaves.

milkweed tussock caterpillars

Tonight, they are pretty much all gone. A few of them have found some small, nearby milkweed. I wonder if they smelled it? Or do they just crawl aimlessly until they happen upon the right plant?

But look what I found while I was searching for these guys! It's a Monarch caterpillar.

Monarch caterpillar

Tonight he's gone too.

I spent part of the day visiting some locations to update my newly revived Get Off The Couch web site. Here's a pretty view of the Pere Marquette River just before it flows into Pere Marquette Lake.

Pere Marquette River

Stopped at a roadside stand and bought a yellow squash for my dinner. Worked on the aforementioned web site. A quiet day.

See Meadows and a Muff
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Lin said...

Hooray! A monarch! I hope he is okay and didn't get eaten!

Ann said...

Even as a caterpillar the monarch is pretty

Secondary Roads said...

The only fauna I see near our milkweed is the humming bird as she flits past.

Lady Lilith said...

Wow. They are so pretty from up close.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin