Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Lakely Story

 
No, that's not a typo. My story is more than likely, it's true. Out doing cases today, and saw several lakes. I bring you pictures from three of them.

First, here are the Three Sisters sand dunes on the far side of Bass Lake. I have yet to tell you their story. The dots out there are geese walking around on the ice.

Three Sisters Bass Lake

Next, I went to a house on a bluff above Lake Michigan. I thought these were going to be my favorite pictures of the day, but nope... stay tuned.

Lake Michigan

I always love that lonely long view. Calm but cold today.

Lake Michigan

I passed by Pentwater Lake and Silver Lake without taking a single photo.

Ended up far south of my usual haunts, at Stony Lake. This is just a boring long shot looking up the lake, but it gives you an idea of the shape. It's long and narrow.

Stony Lake

But my favorite picture of the day is this one of a white birch with Stony Lake behind it.

white birch tree


See Three Sisters
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

3 comments:

vanilla said...

Those are some very nice shots. Glad I don't see any snow and ice from here, though.

Secondary Roads said...

Bass Lake with cattails and dunes is very interesting. The birch at Stony Lake is also my favorite.

Sharkbytes said...

Vanilla- you need some warm weather to wrap up in and feel better.

Chuck- It really was a beautiful tree- swans flying behind it but I couldn't get their pic