Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Arts Center Gardens

 
Sharing some pictures of the gardens at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts today.

You know I love Heuchera, mostly grown for their leaves. This might possibly be the variety 'Caramel,' or not. But it's similar

heuchera with golden leaves

A beautiful yellow-green juniper.

juniper with golden needles

This is the yarrow I always wanted, probably variety 'Paprika.' I ordered some, but what they sent me was the plain old pink one. I should have complained but I never did. It was long ago now and mine are all dead anyway.

yarrow paprika

You know I love just about any kind of hosta.

hosta selection

And this contrast with the bright lilies and the purple leaves (that I can't quite remember what they are) is great.

lilies

In other news: It was a super-productive day. I wrote in the morning and did errands all afternoon. All of them worked out, as opposed to the last afternoon I dedicated to such an annoying list where I managed to accomplish almost nothing. No matter that 2 of the answers I got were bad news, at least I got answers. Then I took myself out to dinner and had writers' group after that. Whew!

See Hosta and Heuchera
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

I have never seen yarrow that color. I like them. What's left of mine is white.