Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Summer Fashion 1949

 
I worked on stuff all day and didn't end up with any interesting pictures, so I'll take you on another tour back in time. What does the well-dressed one-year-old wear in the summer when it's very hot and the year is 1949? Apparently only an undershirt. (Yeah, that's me.)

baby by hydrangea bush

Unless relatives come to visit, of course.

This is my half-brother's first wife. Her name was Ethel. Since John was so much older than I am, he already had a son before I was born. That means my nephew is older than I am.

He's the kiddo on the left, and I'm on the right.

1949 family picture

His name is 'Ricky,' Frederick Leary, and I really wish I could locate him. Here we are again.

babies sitting together 1949

So, I worked on volunteer stuff all day, and tomorrow will be more of the same. I have some old pictures I want to share some time that should be of greater interest. But it's going to be a big scanning job. I just didn't feel like starting all that today on top of the other things I'm working on.

See National Sibling Day
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

The other day there was a girl in the store with a baby wearing only a diaper. I couldn't help thinking how nice it would be to be able to dress like that in this weather.