Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, October 8, 2010

A Walk at Ruby Creek




I'm learning more about making videos. I don't like the lack of sound with the stills in this one, but at least I've added slides to explain some things. I'd love to have better equipment to make better movies, but I'll work on improving with the stuff I have.

I'd never been to Ruby Creek before. It's in my home county, and I knew it was on Washington Road, but it's on a section of that road that you "can't get to from here." Today, I got out a map and figured out how to get there!

Tomorrow (unless something else astounding happens), Maggie will tell you her side of the story!



8 comments:

VanillaSeven said...

A video worth a thousand pictures. Nice try! :)

Ann said...

Nice video. Ruby Creek looks like a great place to go exploring. Can't wait to hear what Maggie has to say about the day.

Secondary Roads said...

You are doing well already. I really enjoyed that video today. Very nicely done!

rainfield61 said...

It is good to learn new thing.

Have a nice day.

spinninglovelydays said...

I had to watch it with the sound off since it's dawn here, but I found it fascinating. I'll watch it again later. Maybe your county/state could use that for tourism? Looking forward to Maggie's account. :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

I now have the song "Can't Get There From Here" playing in my head, but that's okay, it's a good song. :-)

Sharkbytes said...

Hi V7- Thanks. Next time better, perhaps. I need to learn how to add a separate audio track.

Ann- I think you can explore farther, but there was no trail, and I don't know how quickly you get on private property. I asked several people, but no one seemed to know if there were other trails.

Chuck- Thanks. I'm dreaming of more professional things.

rainfield- my favorite!

Ivy- your crickets were making plenty of noise, right?

Dennis- that darned river keeps getting in the way of the roads!

RNSANE said...

It really looks beautiful there and the creek is so nice, full of those big fish. Do people fish there?