Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weather


storm front

About the only news here today was a slow-moving front that kept the day mostly gray, chilly, and damp. Here's the view from the top of a hill about 11 am.

storm front

By 5 pm, the front had moved on to the east, and you can see how the sky in the same location has changed.
light on leaves

Finally, much to my surprise, the afternoon sun lit up the trees beyond the railroad tracks. Without the slanted light, those same trees don't appear to have much color left. Follow the link below to see these trees in morning light.


See Color in My Kingdom


6 comments:

rainfield61 said...

The clouds look so heavy in the first photo.

Secondary Roads said...

I've also noticed that when "they" say fall colors are at their peak, that most of the leaves are on the ground. Go figure . . .

Auntie E said...

My that first photo looks like bad weather coming.

Ann said...

Kind of sounds like the same kind of weather we had here today. I was looking at a big dark cloud just like that this morning on my break.

Sharkbytes said...

The clouds were heavy! We didn't get much actual rain, but that line just moved slowly across the sky all day.

Chuck- they seemed to all come off quickly, in just a couple of days

Auntie E- looked worse than it was.

Ann- I think we were all under the same front. We were just on the north edge of it.

RNSANE said...

Goodness, that was definitely an overcast sky. I'm surprised it didn't give you a deluge. It's amazing how things just blow over.