Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Icelandic Poppy

photo label

Here's an Icelandic Poppy which I got for $2 on a final markdown. I thought it was all done blooming for the year, but SURPRISE! I get a bloom. I'll share it quick before the rabbit has it for breakfast.

Too much to do before I can sleep. Gotta scoot!


See I Cleaned and Baked, Just For You
See Smart Balance Eliminates a Great Product


9 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Pretty blossom. Hope you slept well.

moirai said...

Yes, I agree too! Looks pretty. =)

vanilla said...

Nice. My various poppies have finally all been crowded out, primarily by yarrow day lilies.

Don't unplug your hub said...

Glad I stopped by.

Ratty said...

A very nice looking flower, at least for a little while.

Sharkbytes said...

chuck- i love these poppies- hope this one lives- it was a very short night. planning to change that tonight.

moirai- it's short now, but i think next year it will be a little taller

vanilla- i have oriental poppies, but previous efforts to grow this kind have been fruitless, maybe this time will do better

john- thanks- it's a pretty plant

ratty- the bloom is still there this morning. maybe rabbits don't like this one

Ann said...

what a pretty poppy and a good bargain too

Sharkbytes said...

ann- only the bargains come home with me!

RNSANE said...

Nice flower for the price. And I'm sure the rabbit appreciates your bargains, Joan!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin