Since I want to take one day to talk about the A-Z Challenge, I decided to make it work for today.
There have been some positive things about this challenge, and others not so much. It was easy to blog every day and make it fit the alphabet. Since I blog every day, and things could be juggled a bit, that wasn't the challenge for me at all.
However, I took on another personal challenge, and that was to visit all the blogs that were enrolled, and comment. When the month began, there were just over 1900 blogs. After a few days, the organizers had weeded out some of the sites that weren't blogs, etc, and the total ended up at 1722. A little easier, but still daunting.
I still have 72 blogs to visit in the final two days, but I should make it.
• Between five and ten bloggers each day have visited this blog for the first time, and commented. I was hoping to get some new people stopping by, so that worked
• A lot of those people chose to become followers, so maybe there will be some new regular readers
• I found a few blogs that I am interested in following as well
Not so good results:
• It took a tremendous amount of time to visit all the blogs
• Many of the bloggers did not turn off word verification, as was requested by the administrators. The corollaries to this are: The absolute worst are some Disqus blogs where you click for the comment box, wait for it to load, enter the comment, then another box opens for your personal info, then another box opens for word verification.
• Despite the efforts of admin, there were quite a few non-blogs, or blogs that were adult content, or even private (why would they even sign up?)
• Some of the blogs entered don't accept comments... why join if you don't want to hear from readers?
• Many of my regular commenters have stopped commenting; I hope they come back
• My stats don't show that it really increased my traffic
The worst result:
• I just couldn't visit all the new blogs, and all my regular favorites. Starting in May, I'll be trying to fix that. I've caught up with a couple of you, and I only hope I haven't lost some of you because of my neglect.
Will I do it again? Probably not.
Well, for better or worse, there is just one day to go! I think I have a really good Z! Here's a hint. It's really interesting that "Y is for yellow" comes between X and Z.
|if you like this blog, click the +1 |