Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cold But Lovely

 
I had a long, long work day, and it was pretty cold. 40 degrees- which seems very chilly after mid sixties. It even snowed a little bit. I chose my four favorite pictures from the day.

First is a sailboat still on the water at Portage Lake. Gray skies, gray lake, collecting geese.

sailboat on a gray lake

Sometimes, a gray sky will make the colors look brighter. The hills north of Bear Lake were "flaming."

autumn colors

I think this is my favorite. Yes, a farm store had set it up on purpose to attract customers, but it's not all cluttered with signs.

wagon with pumpkins

All the rain and wind is taking a toll. The colors are starting to pile up on the ground.

colored leaves

I'll be doing reports all day tomorrow. I'll need these bright memories to make me smile.

See Another Autumn Road
if you like this blog, click the +1  

5 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I love the way you always seem to find those special snippets of life, be they sight or experience, and share them with us.

Ann said...

I love the shots. Yesterday was odd here. There were dark clouds in half the sky and the other half was sunshine. It made for some fabulous fall sights though. I just wish I would have had time to stop and take some pictures

Loretta said...

love the wagon. We are just getting a bit of color here. Still have to mow one more time, but the rain won't let up.

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- I'm so glad there are people who like to share these things I love. Takes a wide world to find a few!

Ann- I've known days like that. It makes the light so interesting.

Loretta- It's very lovely! Sorry about the mowing.

RNSANE said...

All the pictures are lovely. Like Loretta, I love the wagon. I like those kinds of shots. It definitely looks like it's getting cold. Even Jaipur is cooling off from those unbearable summer temperatures though I have the A/C on right now.