Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogoversary- Sort Of...

 
I really can't figure out what might be interesting to say about this. Four years ago today I began blogging at "My Quality Day."

However... before that I blogged a bit at "Sharkbytes: Niblets from the Shark" beginning in November of 2007.

However... before that I blogged at Xanga, under the same title, since May 14, 2004. That means I've been blabbing somewhat publicly for over eight years!

It wasn't until "My Quality Day" was launched that I began to do a regular daily entry.

It would be a monumental task to figure out what my absolute favorite posts are. But, here are a few fun ones:

On Xanga, June 7, 2004 is fun

The Shark's Wisdom Tooth is definitely one of my favorites.

One milestone is the day we picked up the 5000 copies of North Country Cache from the printer. That's on July 30, 2005

From the blogger "Niblets", Confessions of an Acetylcholine Junkie was one of my early newspaper columns, and defines me pretty well.

On MQD, there are 1473 posts to choose from. Yikes! I don't think I can even begin to pick my favorites, or the best, or blah, blah, blah.

See the Video is the news video of the day I completed the final miles of the North Country Trail. That's one of the defining milestones of my life.

And I think that's enough!

No big deal if you don't want to read extra stuff. I think maybe this blogoversary is more about me realizing how much I've changed since 2004. Back then I was still working on hiking the North Country Trail. I was still writing my first book. Maggie was much younger (weren't we all?). Since then, in a small pond of trail people and friends, I've become something of a big public fish. OK, maybe a medium-sized public fish.

I'm now writing a monthly newspaper column, and am working on my fourth mystery, and the sequel to NCC, which will be called North Country Quest.

Through "My Quality Day" I've made a number of friends, around the world! And I've even met a few of you in person.

Thanks for celebrating with me. If there is an entry at MQD that was memorable for you, it would be fun if you mentioned it in a comment.

Most of all, thank you for reading! A writer without readers is lonely indeed.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

12 comments:

Shelly said...

I've only been blogging since 2010. And I have to say I've grown quite a bit, too.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Chatty Crone said...

Shark Happy Blog Anniversary - eight years. You do have a lot to talk about and people think I'm chatty!!

Seems to me you have accomplished a lot. But blogging of all.

sandie

vanilla said...

Had fun this a.m. reading some of your early material.

I would have difficulty picking a favorite from MQD, but "A Woodpecker Named Murphy" comes to mind. You are very much my guide in things botanical and ornithological these days!

Secondary Roads said...

Congrats on 4 years of MQD. You've brought joy to many of us with your scenes of beauty, words of wisdom and bits of wit. Many happy returns.

Loretta said...

Congrats! Yes, You have changed in delightful and exciting ways and I love reading your blog everyday. Your photography is wonderful. I did try to become a regular "blogger" several times, but as you could see,never could maintain the plan so I just sit back and enjoy yours!

john bain said...

I have grown to love Blogland. I must admit I had know idea when I started just how compelling it can be.
How did that picture with the boot happen? Were you walking on glass?

john bain said...

I wanted to share the woodpecker post but don't see anything to let me do that.

Ann said...

wishing you a very happy blogoversary. It's always a pleasure stopping here

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Shelly! You are doing great with two years

Hi Sandie- Some days I think I've done a lot, and some days I think I'm a slug

vanilla- Thank you for reading, and I am honored that you respect my knowledge

Chuck- Thank you, my friend

Loretta! Glad you enjoy it.

Hi John- I stood on the top of a hill and had someone stand below me while I took a step

Ann- it's mutual!

John Sealander said...

Congratulations on four years of My Quality Day. I must have started reading near the beginning. I always enjoy the photos. Sometimes I even learn the name of a bird or flower...

Sharkbytes said...

John- Thanks for your comment! It means a lot because I know you don't do much of that.

spinninglovelydays said...

Belated happy anniversary! I truly am inspired by all that you've accomplished. :)