Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Unexpected Light

 
One of the most fun things for me is when I find something unexpected in a familiar place.

Today, as I was walking Maggie out back, where we walk once or twice almost every day, I saw something completely different.

Across the tracks, with the leaves pretty much fallen now, a small clearing was being lit by a sunbeam.

clearing in the woods

Doesn't it just beckon you to enter? It must be magic- it was never there before!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

rainfield61 said...

It must have led to Wonderland of Alice.

Secondary Roads said...

One step will lead to another as you eagerly seek what lies 'round the bend. And so the journey will never end.

Anonymous said...

I never could resist a path like that one!

Chatty Crone said...

It's great your eyes are open to see new things! And that you had a camera there!

Ann said...

It does have a welcoming look to it.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- it does look like one of those places that is only there at some magical times

Chuck- I sure hope it doesn't!

Dennis- nice to hear from you! Unfortunately, unless the magic extends to making that landowner blind and deaf, I'll stay off his property. But I can always pretend.

Sandie- I'm trying to always have my camera with me!

Ann- Amazing that I never saw that before.