Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, June 12, 2021

High Point from My House

  I can't believe I haven't shown you this before, but I can't find any post that has it.

You can actually see the high point in the county from my house. Yesterday the atmospheric conditions were such that it was really visible. It's the lump on the left between the wind turbines. Mason County High Point

We are pretty high ourselves, up here on our hill. The high point is elevation 885 feet, and we are at 705. The surface of Lake Michigan is at 590. Because the Pere Marquette River is between us and Morton Road Hill (the high point), we get that view.
topo map


We also get to see 17 of the wind turbines from our house. They are not very intrusive in the daytime, but at night there are 17 blinking red lights on the horizon to the south.

In other news: It's all other news. I was very good today. I did bookwork and editing in the morning and wrote a chapter in the afternoon. Another Zoom event in the evening. Not very exciting, but it's all stuff that needed to happen. The temperature was a bit more tolerable.

See Mason County High Point

3 comments:

Ann said...

That's a pretty nice view you have

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Wow, you are up pretty high."
Chaplin: "We are envious! We are practically at sea level here. And as you know, highest cat wins."
Charlee: "Or person!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I love the view off our deck.

C & C- Chips the dog had to be top dog- he would have challenged you for "highest cat."