Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, April 15, 2024

A Riot of Daffs

 One thing I seem to be able to grow in profusion is daffodils. Here is what's blooming today. First up is the dainty 'Jetfire.' These are in my rock garden. You've seen them all before, and so have I, but I still love having them bloom every year.
jetfire daffodil


Lots of ordinary yellow daffs. They are coming up in all kinds of places this year. Not sure how they got to some of those locations.
yellow daffodils


The Mt. Hood Daffodils come up with a pale yellow trumpet.
mt hood daffodils


But as they mature, they turn white. This one is on its way. I have a lot of these where they are not supposed to be! Soon, it will be time to get working outside.
mt hood daffodil


We'll end for today back in the rock garden. I think once before I blogged about these as 'Minnow,' but my records say they are Narcissus Canaliculatus, which are similar. I think I should stick with what the records say. These look pretty healthy. I bet I could split this clump.
narcissus canaliculatus


I worked really hard today editing, writing, and I did laundry.

See Daffodils on Parade

5 comments:

Ann said...

Daffodils are like an old friend stopping by for a visit every spring. I have some at the corner of my house and have no idea how they got there. I don't recall planting them.

The Furry Gnome said...

An old friend that reblooms every spring.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- they sure are

Stew- I feel the same way

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says they had lots of daffodils at their house in New York! Apparently they found a lot of them out in the woods around an abandoned farmhouse at the back of their property and dug them up and brought them back to plant along the road."
Java Bean: "Ayyy, I wonder if they are still there after all these years ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Java- I'll bet they are still there. Dafs are tough!