Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Handbell Sunday - April

  I gave you a hint last week that we were going to play "Hymn of Promise." It was the prelude, and people just take forever to quiet down. There's not much I can do about the noise since I'm only recording with the camera mic. I think the chimes sound really nice on the one verse.



I think you should have the words to all three verses.
In the bulb there is a flower; in the seed, an apple tree;
In cocoons, a hidden promise: butterflies will soon be free!
In the cold and snow of winter there’s a spring that waits to be,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

There’s a song in every silence, seeking word and melody;
There’s a dawn in every darkness, bringing hope to you and me.
From the past will come the future; what it holds, a mystery,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

In our end is our beginning; in our time, infinity;
In our doubt there is believing; in our life, eternity,
In our death, a resurrection; at the last, a victory,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.


Our second piece was "An Easter Celebration." The young man on trumpet is a college freshman.



In the afternoon, I worked on the campsite list and got another 100 miles done. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I did 225 miles, but I worked really, really hard at it. Not even half done with the list yet.

See Handbell Sunday- April

2 comments:

Ann said...

Very nice. I like the lyrics to go with that.

Sharkbytes said...

Thank you, Ann. It's a nice song. I've only ever seen it in the Methodist hymnal