Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, April 12, 2024

The Mayflower II

 Let me be honest and tell you that I took these pictures off Facebook. They are credited to Greg Saschuk on the Cape Cod Photography Page. My cousin Jean alerted me to them.

The Mayflower II is passing the Sagamore Bridge on Cape Cod. You may remember that I can trace my lineage back to the Mayflower I.
Mayflower II


Of course, these are really beautiful in the fog, but I especially like this one because it shows how small the Mayflower is. Not much bigger than a tugboat. There were 102 passengers and a 30-man crew. Just think about that when you are feeling a little crowded.
Mayflower II


I'm keeping this short so I can go lie down. I'm pretty much well, but don't have full stamina back yet. Any strong smell is still making me feel ill. Tomorrow is going to be a long day with an event in Cadillac. I have to leave here at 7:30 in the morning.

I edited, I wrote, I dealt with a flat tire, I went to the store, I got ready for tomorrow. I think I'm pretty much done for today.

See Peregrine White

4 comments:

Ann said...

What an amazing looking ship that is. I can't imagine fitting that many people on board though. No chance for alone time there.

The Furry Gnome said...

How many generations back to the Mayflower?

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- that's for sure!

Stew- I think 12. There is one that Find-a-grave disagrees with my records. I need to get into the DAR genealogy site.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Boats sure have gotten bigger since then!"
Chaplin: "Our Dada can't even imagine sailing on a ship like that. He would've spent the entire time throwing up over the railing."
Oona: "Oona would've spent the entire time at the highest point of the mast!"