Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, April 5, 2024

2024 Rock Garden Report 1

 There is enough going on in the rock garden that I decided to share some of that today.

For one thing, some of the many miniature daffodils I used to have seem to have survived. This is 'Tete-a-Tete.' It's a perfect tiny daf, about 5 inches tall.
jetfire daffodils


The Pasqueflowers are still blooming like crazy. They kept blooming through the cold snap, the heavy rain, and the wind.
pasqueflower


This is the Sedum rupestre 'Angelina,' that gets leggy light green foliage that fills in a space nicely and has tall yellow flowers. I like the early spring orange color. It's different from a lot of the other sedums.
Sedum rupestre 'Angelina.'


Here is the 'Lime Twister' Sedum that I have been so happy with. It's doing really well! If you don't remember, this gets lighter green leaves as it matures, and I managed to get a variegated one with creamy color, and that seems to be holding. This is one of those Sunsparkler hybrids.


And finally, for today, This is the Sedum hybrid I bought in 2020. No other identity given. I love the rich red-purple color. It looks pretty happy. I'm beginning to think it might be one of the Sunsparkler hybirds. The coloring is about right for one called 'Wildfire' or maybe 'Dream Dazzler.' Probably impossible to really say.
purple sedum hybrid


I have netting on the way to put all around the rock garden. It's going to be a pain to work around, but I don't want things to be chewed as much as last year. The most odd thing of all is that something has broken almost all of my numbered space markers. This really annoys me because I paid money to get got quality ones. Do the deer or the woodchucks think they are some strange stiff plant and bite them off?

Today was all about doing errands (now that I have a car), and getting ready to leave for the weekend. I did manage to work on the book for about 1.5 hours.

See Early Rock Garden Color

3 comments:

Ann said...

Everything is doing very well. How odd about the markers. You would have thought after one they would have decided they didn't taste good.

The Furry Gnome said...

The promise of spring! I love the Pasqueflower.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it's very strange.

Stew- I don't remember it blooming for so long other years.