Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, May 12, 2024

M/B - Day

 Omer was born on Mother's Day. That was in 1940. He hit M-Day again in 1946, 1957, 1963, 1968, 1974, 1985, 1991, 1996, 2002, 2013, 2019, and this year, 2024.

His mom, Be (Bernice) with #1 kiddo, Om, in 1940. Hard to believe that little butterball is Om.
mother and baby 1940


He probably wanted a bottle that year. Today he asked for steak. Grimace. I haven't cooked a steak in over 35 years. But I succeeded.
t-bone steak


We used to each eat one of those. Ha! This time one steak is making 3 servings. We had all we wanted, and there is a little bit left. Added some asparagus, and that was all we needed. He also asked for a Coke.

Please note that the dining room has not exploded into a project space yet. That's a full week. I'm getting antsy.
man eating a steak


And, I found the picture I wanted to show you on Mother's Day last year, but couldn't locate. This is Granny, Mom, and me probably in late 1949.
three generations 1949


I got my 100 miles of campsites done, worked in the garden, and spent time on a project for someone else.

See Birthday Boy

4 comments:

Ann said...

Nice pictures of all the mothers. I haven't had a steak in a very long time. I'm more of a chicken person.
Happy belated mother's day

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy belated birthday, Om!"
Java Bean: "¡Feliz cumpleaños! If you need any help finishing off the rest of the steak, just let us know!"

The Furry Gnome said...

I could really enjoy a good steak!

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- me too! But Om needed help to eat it.

Java- we need a good dog to enjoy to bone.

Stew- It was good, but I rarely eat stuff that heavy any more.