Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Alert!

 By the time I could get in place to take a picture, this bunny rabbit was on full alert. Watching it through the window, it was scratching its ears and being cute. But the camera wouldn't focus through the screen. This furry "friend" hasn't started eating my plants yet, but they are going in prison soon, so it won't be able to. Some of the things it and its friends munched on last year are recovering, but they did some serious damage.
cottontail rabbit


While I'm not showing you rock garden pictures, here's a success story that isn't in any "garden." About 30 years ago, I transplanted one trillium into our overgrown hedge. They reproduce very slowly, but now there are a number of plants, and I counted at least 10 blossoms I could see last week.


Only worked in the rock garden 15 minutes today. Just busy! Volunteer stuff, laundry, errands, bell choir. And I've only got 80 miles of campsites done. I need to get 20 more for the day. But the end of the research is in sight. Then it will be full-on editing. Maybe I'll go do 15 more minutes in the garden while there is plenty of light.

See I Spy

6 comments:

vanilla said...

You are Bun's sister, Energizer.

Ann said...

I saw three rabbits in my back yard yesterday. All at different times.

The Furry Gnome said...

We get those hungry little creatures too!

Sharkbytes said...

Vanilla- some days :D

Ann- must be a good year

Stew- The really can munch on the world

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, we have got a couple of flopsies out in front living in the hedge! They are so used to Mama and Dada coming and going they don't even run away anymore, they just lie in their dust baths watching them. Of course, when Lulu and I are there, the flopsies make themselves scarce. It's a shame they don't want to play ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Java- Did you ever see the baby flopsies my dog Hezekiah tried to play with on Earth Day many years ago? I'll have to check and see if the pictures have disappeared from that post.