Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Salmon

 

salmon-colored oriental poppy

While I'm gone I'm going to show you some of the nice flowers in my gardens. Not that they are getting much weeding this year, but there are some pretty spots anyway.

This is a salmon-colored oriental poppy from my hiking friend, Marie. She is totally jealous because she bought one for each of us, but hers died. Mine has to get bigger before it can be split, but this year it will have two blossoms. Only one is open now though.

See The Moles Missed This One
See Rock Garden Remnants
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

VanillaSeven said...

That's a very unique flower color! Indeed look like salmon meat.

Glynis Peters said...

The poppies went mad in our garden this year. Yours is a pretty shade.

Solomon said...

You can propagate them from root cuttings. A relative had one for about 10 years, despite digging it up every year.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I agree with Vanilla. From this view it does look like salmon meat. After I looked a little longer though, I see the texture a little better, and the purple inside.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Vanilla and Ratty- with the Coho salmon in Lake Michigan, I agree about the color. Although in reality it's a little brighter. The bright sun washes out the color. The texture is quite interesting- crinkly.

Glynis- we have some bright red-orange ones too. I love them!

Solomon- Yes, I have split my red ones several times, but want to be sure this one is bigger before I do it.