Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Want to Play?


Participating blogs to date: 18 There is room for a few more. Let me know if you want in.

I'm going to be gone hiking again from mid July through the end of August, and I want to create a scavenger hunt to run while I am away. It will look something like a "real" scavenger hunt where people have to find items. For example, on a day where they have to look for a percussion tool they would be sent to a blog post and have to find a sentence with the word "hammer" in it.

I am looking for people who want their blogs to be included. I would give you a word, and somewhere in a post you would use that word in a sentence. Don't just say, "the word for Sharkbytes scavenger hunt is hammer." It should be included in some more or less normal use of the word.

Then you would give me the link to that post before July 12, and I'll schedule the scavenger hunt posts to appear while I am gone. I'll think up something decent for some prizes, and will post them before I leave.

Even if your blog(s) are in the hunt, you can still play, because you wouldn't know any of the other clues ahead of time. Blogs that participate should get some traffic from it. Canucklehead's game is putting 4-5 hits a day through my post that holds his clue, and that's where I got the idea. If you want your blog to be included, email me at jhy@t-one.net and tell me how many blogs you want to enter. I've already got about 12 participants, so it should be fun.

There will be a post later today about hiking.

4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is a great idea. I thought so when you mentioned the other game too.

John | English Wilderness said...

I've never participated in a scavenger hunt before, but it sounds like a great idea. Sending you an email :-)

Julia said...

Sure I will play! Sounds like fun.

LyghteKeeper said...

Sounds like great fun. I keep missing the contests but I won't miss this one.