Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Dork Off!

 

dorky 5th grader So, Lin, over at Duck & Wheel with String, with her sick sense of humor invited entrants in a dorkiness contest! Knowing that I started out dorky and have maintained that status, I decided to enter. You might find a couple other people you know in the contest too!

Head on over there and vote if you want! In case you think that anyone can have one dorky picture from their youth, you can verify my status from the link below. Have fun!

See A Game of Tag - for another classic dork picture
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Lin said...

That photo is a BEAUTY!! Thanks for joining in on the fun, Sharky!

betchai said...

though this may be years younger than the profile picture right now, but i see the same happy and charming face.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I think I agree with Betchai, but Lin's descriptions of those pictures is hilarious.

Grampy said...

I don't think you are dorky at all.

Glynis Peters said...

What a wonderful photograph! Happy and smiley.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

O gosh, you guys! Thank you, but trust me I was (am) dorky. Chuck even looked up a dictionary definition. "USA pejorative slang for a quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same intelligence level."

I have been so out of touch with contemporary trends for my entire life that it's really who I am.

It's just that I'm totally comfortable with it now!

Meanwhile, Lola won the contest. No problem... she's really cute.

Thanks for having fun with this.