Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Notes About Contest & Scavenger Hunt


Here's an update on the monthly contest and the upcoming big Scavenger Hunt. It looks like my hiking schedule is morphing just a bit. All plans are still a "go," but the timing has shifted. So here is how everything will work.

First of all, the end of month short contest will run from July 21-24. It won't be vocabulary this time... I think I've found a fun pile of questions that relate to summer fun. Prize- as usual, a one month free ad on this blog.

As to the Scavenger Hunt. There are indeed 19 blogs participating, and I have the entries from all on hand already. If anyone else wants to get in on it, get in touch with me quickly! (jhy@t-one.net) It will begin on July 25, with complete rules and prizes posted July 24. A new clue will appear approximately every other day, although there will be a few in a row to get them all in before the end of August. Anyone can jump in at any time- you could wait till the last day and search for all the clues if you wanted to.

I will have occasional internet access during this hiking adventure. So once in a while I hope there will be a "live post" from the trail. But I don't know if I'll have time to respond to comments very much or visit other blogs. We'll see.

The Scavenger Hunt has prizes 1st place through 6th place, so it should be worth while to play, as well as fun (I hope!)

See you later with a nature post for the day!

4 comments:

betchai said...

wow, it seems a lot of fun is coming here from the scavenger hunt ( since i am afraid i can not be on line everyday, i will skip the hunt, but i will participate whenever i can through comments) and will watch out for that summer contest too.

well wishes for your next long distance hiking trip.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Both games will be fun. I'm really looking forward to them.

John | English Wilderness said...

Really looking forward to the scavenger hunt, I haven't taken part in one before :-)

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Betchai- I always welcome you whenever you can stop by!

Ratty & John- I sure hope it meets with your expectations. I think we are in uncharted waters here!