Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Writing- Jan 7-8


writing poll results

Well, I'm still trying to decide on a format for reporting my writing progress as I attempt to re-define myself. Clearly, from the poll, people would like me to keep the reports on this blog. I understand that. We all have just about as many blogs that we like to visit as we can handle. So, although I really think that the topic should be on a separate blog, I also really covet some feedback, which makes me want to leave it here.

What this boils down to is that for now, I am going to leave the posts here, with very plain titles. Remember, that these reports will not be the regular daily posts. In other words, this is not today's post of interest. I'll show the amazing baby's parent later tonight.

Now, to get to it! Here is what I have done in the past couple of days. During 2009 I got all of the poems I have written, that I can find, into my computer. Yesterday, I printed them out, put them in chronological order, and organized them in a binder. Also, I actually made some notes on an extra page about some places to look for some known poems that I don't quite know where to find any more.

Today, I wrote an article for Vertical Blogger. This is a new venue that I signed up for last month, but hadn't yet gotten any assignments. Then I logged into Shared Reviews, where I have a lot of product reviews. Just today, they began a completely new venue, which is articles that can be on a great range of topics. The way one earns money is that people vote on your articles, the same as for the reviews, and the highest ranking ones in each month earn money. So I wrote two articles there.

Still haven't taken Moose in Boots out of the box.

6 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I think your continued writing posts may inspire me a little bit with my writing. I like reading blogs about writing, but I don't get the time to do it often enough. So I'm glad you are including some of these things here.

Julia said...

I can hear that Moose calling. :)

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- Well, that's just it. I have so many things going that I have to MAKE time. But for me, the writing is most of my income at this point, so I should be more motivated. I assume that you still have to show up at a regular job most days.

Julia- Yes... and your kitty too. Thanks for the link! I haven't even looked at it yet. But I will! I just seem to be in a bit of crisis action mode to try to get some important things done before next week.

RNSANE said...

It would be nice to make some money from writing. Blogging is wonderful but earning would make all those hours at the computer worthwhile.

Whatever you write, wherever, I'll be there!

Anonymous said...

I'm taking on paid ad reviews just to make ends meet. Living on disability and child support are not enough to stretch the dollars too far!

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- You are very kind! But, yes, I do have to make some money.

Icy- Oh, I hope you manage to find some ways to make that work for you.