Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Collection of Sunrises


sunrise

For a person who hates to get up in the morning, I seem to be posting quite a collection of sunrise pictures. I suppose it's because when I'm actually up to see one, I think it's memorable enough to take a picture. On Thursdays the route takes longer because the papers have to have shopping inserts stuffed, and there are home deliveries too. So the sun was coming up by the time I was on my way home. Almost couldn't find a place to stop and take its picture before it vanished again behind the ever-gray cloud bank.

Once again, it was paper route, nap, and write.



See Nice Sunrise
See The Flaming Morning

11 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm glad you got this one. I very rarely get to see a sunrise either. I'm always inside with no windows when this happens.

wenn said...

looks great!

VanillaSeven said...

The reward of waking up in the morning are great indeed! :)

Ann said...

I wish I could catch the sunrise but I'm already hard at work by the time the sun comes up and have no way to see it. At least I can look at yours :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

That is glorious and actually tempts me to get up early enough to experience the beauty of it all.

LIFE Moto said...

i love to see the sunrise and the early air breeze.

Marg said...

Oh I love to get up early in the morning. That is a great shot of the morning sun. Glad you got to see it.

betchai said...

oh, love your shot, Sharkbytes. though i see sunrise almost everyday, but I am on the road trying to get to work early and can hardly take a shot, i love watching it though.

John said...

The sunrise is later at this time of year, so I get to see it most days. I rarely see it in summer though :-/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of sun rise, and the colors are just fantastic.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- Sounds like you have a job kinda like one I had for a couple of years. Go to work in the dark, work in a room with no windows, go home in the dark. That was the job that originated MQD!

Thanks, Wenn!

Vanilla- I wish I could make myself think of it as a reward. It's more like a little spark, but I'll take what I can get!

Ann- I really feel for people like you who have to go to work in the dark. It's really awful.

Joanne- You sound like me- only "tempted"

Moto- Good for you! I like it, but it's really nearly impossible to make myself be up for it.

Marg- You and my best friend. She is a morning person too. It takes both kinds!

bethcai- Wow... to see the sunrise every day... hope it's not in your eyes while driving though.

John- Yes, much later this time of year. This was the only day of this paper route saga I wasn't already home before it came up.

Icy- The colors are pretty true to how it looked. It was a little more red, but not much.