Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Camping Christmas Trees

 

Christmas tree with camping ornaments

I am going to share something silly today. I've been working on this collection of camping or winter fun related ornaments for quite a few years. A lot of them have been gifts. I got my list of where they came from brought up to date this Christmas, and discovered that I have 57 different ones!

Christmas tree with camping ornaments


Here is a closeup of one tree. Yes, these are little fake trees, but I think that they look pretty good.

Christmas tree with camping ornaments


Here's the second tree. I'll just give you one little teaser: There are 7 pairs of snowshoes.

Christmas tree with camping ornaments


Finally, here is this year's newest ornament, another pair of snowshoes from my monthly adventure buddy, Ellen.

Yesterday, I just couldn't get a post done. We had either a prank caller or some dumb recording call gone wrong that kept calling all night long Thursday night, and I got only 1.5 hours of sleep. We couldn't turn the phone off because we had to be ready to accept the call when the papers come in. Then, for some reason I couldn't seem to get to sleep for my after-route nap, and I just got wonkier and wonkier as the day went on. Took Josh grocery shopping in the afternoon and went to bed at 8 pm. I'm headed there now, too. Have to get up at 2:30!


See Merry Christmas 2009
See What Else? It's Christmas for the big 2008 tree

13 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so cute. I hope you get some rest tonight. It's hard to exist on two few hours sleep.

wenn said...

lovely decorative items!

Anonymous said...

You have a great collection! The snow shoes are so whimsical..

Ann said...

I love your trees. Those ornaments are adorable.
Sorry to hear about the phone calls, hope you get caught up on your sleep

Secondary Roads said...

That's super neat!

The Silver Age Sara said...

How adorable! I especially love the snow shoes.

spinninglovelydays said...

What a cool collection! That they're mostly gifts make them extra special. You can make a separate collection just for snow shoes, lol

Joe Todd said...

Looks like a lot of fun. The tent is perfect

Julia said...

The ornament collection is something i can really admire. I love little decorations like that.

Nothing is worse than not sleeping well. Being awakened all night would make me CRAZY. I still suffer on some nights with the kids when they are sick, but it feels awful the next day.

Get some rest. :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

I really like the ornaments and that whole scene. It reminds me of those old Santa and Rudolph cartoon specials on TV. They were some of the best parts of Christmas for me when I was a kid. I hope you get plenty of rest.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Judy- thank you. It seems to matter to my brain when the sleep happens as well, being awake in this 3-6 am time slot is a killer.

Wenn- I really love having them out every year.

Icy- Yes, I love all the snowshoes!

Ann- thanks. I'm glad you like the collection. It's a part of my obsession with hiking that most people can enjoy!

Chuck- Thanks, pal!

Hi Mountain Woman- The snowshoes are maybe my favorites.

Hi Ivy- Hey! If I start to get TOO many ornaments, I could just do a snowshoe tree.

Joe- That little tent was a toy set, but a friend said that I HAD to have it. I'm so glad she thought that.

Julia- Thanks. Oh... no sleep and kids is even worse than no sleep and paper route. Hang in there.

Hi Ratty- I like to think of all those hikers enjoying my fake woods!

Unknown said...

Your camping Christmas ornaments are absolutely adorable! I know of a few camping enthusiast friends who would love them.. Where are they available?

Tan
www.CampingRoadTrip.com

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Tanushree- Well, they have come from all over the country and different places over the course of about 15 years. The three in the front are from the S'mores collection which you can still find on Amazon or eBay. I also wrote about them at http://sharedreviews.com/shopping/collectibles/the-original-s-mores-collectibles-for-campers

Lots of my friends and I just keep our eyes peeled for any that fit my collection.