Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

So Far So Good

 
This wasn't what I was going to post, but right now I can't access my pictures, so I'll just tell you that I'm thankful for small favors. To be specific, that I actually have the pictures from the last few months.

I was backing up my SD camera card, in preparation for leaving on a trip tomorrow (that's the real news), and the card wouldn't read. Hmmm. Card or reader?

The readers are notoriously finicky, but I hadn't had trouble with the one built into the computer. I went and grabbed one of my old ones. It read it a couple of times but then crapped out when I tried to move files.

The only one that would read it is my oldest and slowest card reader. See, it pays to be a packrat.

I'm currently copying all the files to my external hard drive. So far I got October, November and December. It's working on January.

Of course, the irony is that this SD card is supposed to be a high-speed card. I didn't necessarily want that, but it was the only kind I could find at the time I bought it. Is "better" always better? Not. Anyway... OK... I got January. And now February.

That was a job I wasn't planning to do tonight! We'll have to be content with a nice pre-sunset taken today as I left handbell practice.

sunset

Here's the real news. I'm leaving after work tomorrow for the trip east which includes the Philadelphia Flower Show. Stay tuned!

Guess I'll add a new SD card to my final shopping list.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

A flower show (particularly that one) seems like a good way to get ready for spring.

Ann Thompson said...

Glad you didn't lose all those pictures.
Enjoy the flower show and have a safe trip.

Lin said...

Oh, I love your photos from the flower show. Have fun! Don't get snowed in out there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin