Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 27, 2015

Arriving in Philadelphia

 
Another day of mostly driving. Pam, Marie and I arrived in Philadelphia just after dark. Dave (Marie's son, and my "extra" boy) had managed to save us a parking space in front of the house.

Philadelphia

We had a late dinner because the girls were out seeing a play some friends of theirs were in. Then we played a game of Apples to Apples, which was extra entertaining since nearly everyone was falling asleep on the table!

family game

I haven't seen the girls for two years, so it's pretty amazing how much more grown up they are.

See Slow, with Friends
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

it always amazes me how driving can be so exhausting when all your doing is sitting.
Looks like everyone had fun playing the game

Unknown said...

Road trips in the US are always so long! I can't imagine what it's like being on the road for days. Even when I went to Edinburgh from London we did it in one day.

Enjoy the flower show. I'm looking forward to all the pics again.

Lin said...

I always nap in the car...but I still arrive exhausted. How can that be?

Have a great time on your trip!