Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Rough-Legged Hawk Again?

 
I spent one more night (last night) away from home with Chuck and Sylvia of Secondary Roads, and that was a really calm place to decompress from my busy trip for a few hours.

Just after I left their house I saw a hawk sitting in a tree that somehow didn't look like my familiar red-tail. I stopped and it took off. Then I knew it was something different! The tail was mostly white, or at least certainly not red.

I managed to catch it in two really terrible pictures. Looking in my bird book, I think it's a rough-legged hawk. So...here you are, for what it's worth... one shot from below and one from above.

rough legged hawk

rough legged hawk

I saw one of these hawks here, a couple of years ago, and got some bad pictures that time too. But, maybe, if I catch one a few more times I'll learn it.

I promise lots of Flower Show pictures soon. I have to get them organized a little. Work tonight... then maybe tomorrow.

See Rough Legged Hawk
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Ratty said...

The good thing is you got to see the hawk. There are lots of them around here. I'm happy every time I see one.

rainfield61 said...

Though terrible, the hawk is still a hawk.

Secondary Roads said...

I think I've seen a couple of times this year. Unfortunately, I was never close enough to identify him only to assure myself it wasn't a red tail.

Ann said...

a bad picture is better than none at all. At least it can help some in identifying it

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin