Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Twice Pied

 
Do you remember when I saw the robin with partial albinism, two years ago? Well I saw another one today. This one is not so mottled, but definitely has white in the wrong places. I've heard more and more of birds like this. I wonder if there is more of it or we are just noticing more.

mottled robin

mottled robin

See Calico Robin
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Gayle Parks said...

And the obvious question is ...why?

vanilla said...

Poor little robin, walkin, walkin through Michigan. .
Partial albino robin in our yard a few years ago, mottled, at least half white..

Secondary Roads said...

I saw an albino robin here a couple of years ago, but not since.

Ann Thompson said...

interesting. I wonder why there are more of them.

RNSANE said...

I wonder if they are treated differently by other robins.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin