Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Baby and a Prediction

 
There's a meme going around Facebook with a picture of Einstein. It says something like "Get a job, and within 14 days you will come into some money." Yup. I like that one. I got extra work hours both yesterday and today. At the middle of the month that should produce a nice reward.

Meanwhile, I forgot I had gotten these pictures. Last week I stopped to take a picture of this beautiful tamarack swamp.

tamarack swamp

Can you spot the difference between the two photos?

tamarack swamp

I just got lucky. The bird flew right across the scene as I snapped a picture. I saw it go, and then managed to find where it landed.

Of all the photos I snapped while it sat in a tree, only one is in focus. It's a baby red-tail hawk. They don't develop the red tail till later. I think this one is pretty young. Younger than the one at What a Teenager!

baby red-tail hawk



See More About the Tamarack
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Beautiful catch, Sharkey! I saw the difference immediately.

Ann said...

Nice catch. I didn't spot it in the second picture. I like that saying about getting a job.

vanilla said...

Funny how that job/money thing works. Works?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin