Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sunrise Bedtime

 
Here's what it looked like in the east when I went to bed this morning.

sunrise

And, although they were much closer together last week, the clouds covered their closest conjunction here. Venus is beside the moon with Jupiter much higher. I did see them once, briefly just before their closest. Didn't take a picture because I was hoping for better, but now this is what I must settle for.

Venus and Jupiter

And I did see one of the Taurus meteors just as I got home!

Slept almost not at all, felt lousy all day. Never can predict what Saturdays will be like. Oh well.

See Orange Mist
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Saw the same thing last night! And one of the meteors a few days ago.

Ann said...

Seeing things like this is one advantage of working nights.

Secondary Roads said...

I enjoy watching those celestial alignments.

RNSANE said...

Reminds me of my long ago forensic nursing days when sleep was so elusive and, just as my head would touch the pillow, my pager would go off and I'd head back to the hospital for another case. Once in awhile, though, I'd be rewarded with a beautiful sunrise or a sunset over the Pacific ocean.