Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

"My" Road Loop- Plus the Wetland

 
Just strolled around my 3-mile loop, plus I added a mile to get a current picture of the large wetland.

I always think it will be the "same old walk," but there are always beautiful things to be found.

Monarch butterfly on Boneset.

monarch

Trumpet Vine, which owns this piece of the highway right of way.

trumpet vine

The bypass pond where I see wood ducks in the spring, and once, the northern shoveler duck. The bright light made the surface look white, but it's solid green with duckweed.

pond

I even saw something new today. I'd never noticed there is a white birch near that pond.

white birch

Silky dogwood berries- not edible, but the birds love them.

silky dogwood berries

And, I reached the wetland. Not terribly picturesque this time of year. Maturing cattails, pretty much a monoculture except around the edges. But I've taken an interest in this spot, and will probably continue to bring you pictures from time to time.

wetland

I did find a couple more interesting things, but they deserve their own blog post.

See Johnson Road Wetland
See Northern Shoveler
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


No comments: