Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

What Happened to those Baby Lettuce

 
For the second day in a row I'm bringing you a plant failure story. I hope this isn't a trend. But this is a different kind of failure.

Remember the jugs I planted with lettuce? That was 18 days ago, and they sprouted 14 days ago. What we have here is complete refusal to get true leaves.

baby lettuce in a jug

They've had meticulous care, nice water level, brand new dirt from the store! I asked someone, and he thought maybe they wanted real sunshine.

I've been putting them outside during the day for a couple of days, but I think it's too late for these babies.

baby lettuce in a jug

Sigh. I'm going away for the weekend, but I'll replant when I get home, assuming they'll be even more pathetic by then. Dead, probably. I'm kinda bummed about this.

Anyway, this weekend is the Michigan Outdoor Writer's Association Conference. By sleeping in a tent and only paying for the basic registration, I can afford to do this. So this afternoon, I cleaned out the car, and started getting stuff ready to take. Actually, I'm lying. I think I'm going to sleep in the car.

I made some progress writing in the morning, and did finish the mowing, and a few other odd tasks. I have to leave tomorrow, because I volunteered to lead a hike for the conference, and I need to hike it myself tomorrow to be sure I know what I'm doing, since I haven't been on that piece of trail for a while.

See Miscellaneous Goodies
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

Too bad about the lettuce. Have a good time at the conference