Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Miscellaneous Goodies

 
I spent all afternoon working on the trails at Shagway Arts Barn, and I did finish all the clearing and trimming. Big job. Here's one space before.

trail overgrown with autumn olive

And the same space after I trimmed it. A lot of the vegetation there is nasty invasives like autumn olive. But at least I don't have to be careful about how I trim. Just hack away. I can only wish that careless pruning would kill this stuff. Shagway has about a mile of little loops that are open to hike- just a pleasant stroll.

cleared trail

Look what's happening in my little jugs! So far so good. When they begin to get some of the real leaves I'll thin them.

sprouts in milk jugs

And Josh stopped by to bring me a little Mother's Day gift. These are interesting. Look closely. The petals are made of wood! Josh is doing really well at the present time. His health is pretty good and he has a job. Those are big plusses.

rose buds made of wood

I wrote in the morning and did laundry, and worked on trails all afternoon. I'm bushed. Bed and a book are coming right up.

See This is Not a Garden
if you like this blog, click

Like This!

2 comments:

Ann said...

That looks like a lot of work clearing those trails.
The flowers are pretty. I like the color

Nancy Miller, Owner, Shagway Arts Barn said...

Thanks, Joan, for all your hard work!! One less thing for me to do!