Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Food with a Chance of Sun

 
Om asked for only one menu item. He wanted these pecan rolls for breakfast. This is, of course, way more than a breakfast for us, but they will do fine for several days of breakfasts and desserts.

pecan rolls

We did cook a mid-day meal- serve yourself from the kitchen. Josh came over for that.

holiday meal

I've eaten way too much in the past two days. Doesn't even feel good. So I got out for a walk. It was sunny and glorious.

blue sky
You know I like the shapes of ice on water.

ice on a puddle

Best sighting was a bright flash of blue! Pointed the camera at the tree and hoped I caught it. Not a great picture, but I captured him. Bluebird! I've seen them overwinter sometimes.

bluebird

I've done nothing meaningful except maybe the cooking. Just took the day off. (Except I couldn't sleep again last night, so I did do some formatting then.)

See Christmas 2018

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I could enjoy those for breakfast too!

Ann said...

The pecan rolls look so good. Like you, I've eaten way too much the past couple days. It's time to get back on track but those pecan rolls are calling my name :)