Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Hello, December!

 
This is what I awoke to this morning in Grand Rapids.

snow covered trees and street

Totally beautiful, but it had a significant effect on people's activities. The friend I stayed with lives on a hill and here's his view. Not shabby, eh?

snow covered valley with church

I loved the while against the white.

snow covered tree

And here's my host, Doug Boulee. He's a hiking friend and we mostly talked... wait for it... hiking.

smiling man in winter clothes

The event was seriously damaged by the weather. About a third of the vendors didn't show up, and there were hardly any shoppers. I'm pretty sure I broke even, so I can't complain. But, darn, I sure would have liked to do better. Everyone would have.

See Still Tough Enough

2 comments:

vanilla said...

If you came out even you won because you got these beautiful scenes.

Ann said...

It is pretty but I'm not ready to be seeing that here.
Too bad the event didn't do better. But at least you did break even.