Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Just a Michigan Winter Day

 
Cold and gray here. Just a normal Michigan winter day. One nice thing is that you can always cool your feet with a quick trip to the compost bucket.

footprints in snow

The gray sky opened up a tiny bit in the morning, showing pink linings

opening in clouds

About noon, the SUN actually shone for maybe two minutes. And just at sunset we got a sun pillar.

sun pillar

It's one day away from the full moon, but with one more tiny break in the clouds I thought I should picture it. We might not see it tomorrow.

full moon in clouds

A friend from my hometown in New York is always posting beautiful sky pictures. Almost every day. Sigh... I had forgotten how gray our wonderful lake keeps the skies here in Michigan in the winter. Just gray.

In other news: I worked on North Country Quest in the morning and Accidentally Yours all afternoon. I am working on uploading the ebook, but still getting errors. Will keep working.

See Along the Way
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

It was the same way here yesterday although I don't think I saw the sun come out at all. I did see the moon when I was on my way to work in the morning.
You're brave, I would have had at least slippers on to go to the compost bucket. I'm a wimp...lol

Secondary Roads said...

It is of course a leaden gray
That keeps the light of sun away
My poor bare feet would surely balk
In icy snow they would not walk