Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 2, 2019

Let the Christmas Music Begin!

 
First Christmas concert of the season. This is the West Shore Community College Choir. They are always great.

West Shore Community College Choir

I have been trying to make it each year to this, their first performance of the season, because it's just two doors away from me. I can walk there!

Piano and flute parts on one of the songs.

West Shore Community College Choir

There were also selections by the women only, and then the men only.

West Shore Community College Choir

Here's the play list:
Break Forth Oh Beauteous Heavenly Light (Bach)
Gloria in Excelsis Deo (Vivaldi)
In the Bleak Midwinter
Believe
I Wonder as I Wander
Here We Come a Caroling
Whisper/Shout It Out
Sing We Now of Christmas
Angels We Have Heard on High
The Very Best Time of Year
Almost Christmas

Then we all sang Silent Night.

A great kick off to the season. They are doing two more concerts. West Shore Community College on Dec 17, and St. Joseph's in Hart on Dec 19. If you're local, try to catch one.

In other news: I wrote in the morning, and did a little editing and formatting this afternoon. Oh yeah, I ran the snowblower to clean out the driveway. We had both made it to the top, but the ruts were bad.


See First Concert 2018
if you like this blog, click

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds like a great way to kick off the season. I know 3 of the songs on that play list.