Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 6, 2019

Let the Christmas Food Begin

 
The meal I fixed when the boys were home wasn't festive at all, so I declare this the first of the Christmas food. I had to make appetizers for the Ludington Writer's literacy book luncheon tomorrow. These were easy and they look so Christmasy!

Christmas appetizers

I'll back off so you can see them in context. Cucumber slices with cream cheese and tomato.

Christmas appetizers

The luncheon is free for the donation of a book or books for children. The books collected are given to Head Start kids and kids whose families are being served by COVE (Communities Overcoming Violent Encounters), and if we collect enough we will also give them to a summer activity reading program. I won't be there- I'm selling my own books again, so my contribution was to make appetizers.

And, the sky coughed up a beautiful sunset.

sunset

In other news: I wrote in the morning, then made the appetizers, delivered them and did other errands, made sure I am ready for tomorrow, did laundry, and managed to format one more chapter. However, now I've started reading a book I can't seem to put down. That probably means I'm done being productive for the day.


See Christmas Lights

1 comment:

Ann said...

Those cucumber slices do look very Christmasy and they sound yummy