Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 7, 2020

Lost Its Topknot!

  I didn't take these pictures today, but I did chuckle at the circumstances again today. The Catholic Church in Scottville has been closed for a couple of years now. Sad, but true- a lot of traditional churches are disappearing, especially Catholic ones, as they don't have enough young priests coming up.

Anyway, I was walking along the back of the parking lot and saw this "shed." Wait a minute! Didn't that used to be on top of the church? How did it get on the other side of a chain link fence? Did the owners of that house buy the belfry? Why? It's not closed in?

Anyway, there the topknot now sits, looking quite forlorn. church belfry on the ground

I was really doubting my memory. It did look as if the roof had been rebuilt and a square object removed from the front. You can see the new shingle line. repaired roof

The clincher was when I looked at older photos and did find one of the topknot high against the sky. It's in the post linked below.

I just thought this was not only sad, but good for a chuckle.

In other news: I wrote 321 words and finished Chapter 17. I got 4 packages ready to mail and walked to the PO and the bank. I worked on editing jobs. Not a very exciting day, but productive. However, tomorrow is looking up!

See Blue Sky and Sunshine

3 comments:

Ann said...

Well isn't that interesting. That is sad that churches are disappearing.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it sure is sad.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Whoa, that was quite a haircut that church got!"