Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 14, 2020

Sparkles and Shadows

  Today, from time to time, the sun came out and made the melting snow sparkle. A still photo doesn't capture it very well, because I guess by definition a sparkle goes from dark to bright and back at odd intervals, requiring a video to capture. You'll have to take my word for it. snow sparkling in sunshine

Look what else the sun made! Shadows. Always interesting. shadows on snow

In other news: It was another sleepless night for me. I did work on the music for an accordion arrangement, but didn't fall asleep until after four. So you know what I felt like today. I had enough brain power to do some editing, so I didn't waste the day, but it was very low energy. You know this means the headache will disappear and I will wake up at about 9 pm yet tonight. I hope I'm wrong.

See Sun and Rain

4 comments:

Ann said...

I'm no fan of winter but I can't deny these are pretty pictures

Lisa Southard said...

I can imagine the sparkle :-) I prefer cold weather when I'm sleepless, it wakes you up more. Impressed with the accordion playing, that looks complicated!

Lin said...

Pretty snow!

Bummer about the insomnia. Hope it sorts itself out quickly.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it sure was beautiful

Lisa- thanks. I'm not impressed with sleeplessness. Period.

Lin- I just have these nights. Doesn't seem to be any "cure."