Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Bowman Lake Loop with Loren

  Loren and I did the 6-mile loop at Bowman Semi-Primitive Area today. It's one of my favorites. It was a chilly 15 degrees when we started. Although it warmed into the 20s later. winter trail

Bowman Lake is always lovely. Not a lot of color today, but that's OK too. Bowman Lake

Just an interesting dried fungus on the end of a log fungus on a log

Koa wanted people treats. I think Loren was shocked! Haha. hiker and small dog in winter

We did 3 miles north on the Bowman Trails, and then the 3 mile return on the North Country Trail. I usually seem to hike it in the other direction, so this was slightly interesting. We met several other hikers!

The boots are making a sore spot on my right ankle bone. I'm going to assume I just need to get them broken in a bit more. But it may mean I wear something else for a day or two.

North Country Trail miles for 2020 is at 276.

In other news: I did some editing and bought a few groceries.

Bowman Lake Trail and North Country Trail, Lake County, MI. 6 miles total

See Bowman Semi-Primitive Area

2 comments:

Ann said...

I don't know if I could get myself to go out for a hike in 15 degree weather.

Sharkbytes said...

ha! I didn't realize it was that cold until the car told me so on the way there!