Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, July 28, 2023

An Evening with Chuck and Sylvia


Selfies are horrible; we all know this. We took one anyway. I just looked it up and it was almost two years since I last visited Chuck and Sylvia who started out as blogging friends but have turned into real, solid, life-long friends.
friends


Sylvia is like the Energizer Bunny. She is contantly working on things. I won't tell you her age, but she's older than I am, and she keeps a full-size vegetable garden and several flower beds. The evening light made the coneflowers look especially nice.
coneflowers


A patch of sunlight made the marigolds glow.
marigolds in sun


The zucchini is just temporarily resting before it delivers a few more green bombs. Just kidding... I really like zucchini.
zucchini plant


The cherry tomato bush is covered! But you might have to look closely to see them in this small picture. She had already picked the ones that needed harvesting today.
grape tomato plant


So, Sylvia says this is just a tray of fresh food waiting to be put away. I say it's a work of art. And I can verify that those cherry tomatoes taste better than candy!
tray with fruit and vegetables


Chuck's big news is that he's had an operation that has stopped his essential tremors which were getting very bad. This is huge! We shared a nice dinner- well, they shared, I just ate it! And then we had some time to visit after we ate and did the garden tour.

In the morning, I head for Grand Ledge and the Island Art Fair vendor event.

See Last Visit with Chuck & Sylvia, August 2021

4 comments:

Ann said...

That is great news for Chuck.
Yes, that tray of food is a work of art. I so miss having a garden full of fresh vegies.

vanilla said...

Sylvia is a master gardener, and the news about Chuck makes me happy. Thank you, Sharkey, for this report.

Sharkbytes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharkbytes said...

Ann and David- I will message you two