Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Deb's Garden


Today I'm featuring the garden of another friend named Deb. I've known her almost as long as I've known Betty, but not as well. She's a phenomenal gardner, and she had a sedum she wanted to give me. Thanks, Deb!
friends


In front of her house is very nice too, but I'm sharing the gardens in back, with her permission. This is the perennial bed.


She even keeps a "cutting garden," so she has flowers to cut and put into arrangements and to give to friends.
summer garden


I love the old fashioned single hollyhocks, and she has a beautiful dark purple one- it's almost black.
hollyhocks


The shade garden alone is impressive. No deer are munching on her hosta!
shade garden


She even has container gardens! Her yard is like a mini-professional botanical garden.
container garden


Seriously. This is one impressive yard. I would think that all she does is garden if I didn't know better. That said, she and Betty both belong to the local garden club. I've been thinking about joining. Maybe it's time. I knew better than to commit when I had the NCT hike sizzling in my brain, but maybe I'll be at home more during garden season now.

P.S. No rain. I had to water my gardens as soon as I got up.

See Dirt Date

3 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Very pretty flowers! And so well-kept! It's like a botanical garden in her backyard!"

Lin said...

So pretty! Boy, I miss my garden back in Chicago. I planted some of my favorites down here so it feels more like "home." Hostas and sedum are tried and true...always forgiving. Do you have hostas? And do you cut the blooms? I do...I just think they are messy looking.

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- You know one when you see one.

Lin- Hi Lin... most hosta flowers are blah. But see today's post.