Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Around Grand Ledge


I'm tired. It was a good sales day, but not stellar. Since it was such a big event, I thought I might do better. Lots and lots of people wanted to talk, but that did not always translate to sales. I don't mind talking to people (when I know that's what I'm there for), but I wish it would have converted to more sales.

Anyway, after we unloaded our cars (not very near our booths and had to drag our carts across wet, thick grass), the parking was a half-mile away! So at the end of the day, when I was walking that half mile again to get the car, I walked through the park along the Grand River.
Grand River


The park has a couple of fun things for kids other than the usual playground equipment. This one is for making music. The flowers are bells. The pipes make different tones when you bang on them, and the other two are instruments with steel strings.
musical playground


Naturally, on a hot day, the splash pad was hugely attractive.
splash pad


I'm sure this mural has all kinds of references to Grand Ledge history, but I don't know what they are, and I'm too tired to care tonight.


There is a really nice hiking trail, just down the street from where I was, but I was also to tired to go do that.

I bought a piece of gas station pizza and a fountain drink with lots of ice, and drove home. Since I can hardly keep my eyes open, I think I'll be passing out soon.

See Grand River in Lansing

3 comments:

Ann said...

That park is very cool.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- they had an accessible kayak ramp too.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, a park where water just sprays out of the ground for you to play in?! I must go there!"
Lulu: "We're sorry to hear the sales weren't as good as you hoped ― we send lots of tail wags for the next event to be better!"