Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bagpipes for Loretta


Om's sister Loretta is here for just a little more than a day. We haven't seen her in two years. Maybe tomorrow you'll get to meet her.

She is good at music and likes it a lot. So Om arranged for our friend Sean to come over and play the bagpipes for her as a surprise. She WAS surprised. We made her guess what was in the case... she did figure out musical instrument, but got no closer than that.

Too bad you can't hear it too. Maybe at some point I'll figure how to do video.

See We Were... Loud

7 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I like bagpipe music. There's a man that plays the bagpipes at the cemetery around here on Memorial Day. Some people don't understand, but it's quite touching.

Auntie E said...

Love hearing the bag pipes. Every May I get to hear the Bagpipers. I could listen for hours. I need to figure out the Video feed also.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Ratty and Auntie E- I have to admit that they are a bit overwhelming when you are in a small room with them, but we do get quite a few opportunities to hear Sean play. He practices on a chanter (just the fingerhole pipe) so his family isn't constantly blasted out of their house!

Anonymous said...

Well! I am a bit jealous. I only get to hear them about once a year. That is when they are playing at one of the fairs.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Grampy- So nice of you to come by! Well, it is quite a novelty to actually know someone who can play. He went to school in Nova Scotia last summer to improve his skills.

Lin said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bagpipes. It is on my bucket list to learn how to play. My Uncle Tom used to hold his cat under his armpit, it's tail in his mouth, and squeal--called it Bagpipe Cat! Had to see it --it was a hoot!

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- That is TOO funny. Sean is here and he was laughing at it too!